Office Professionals have their fingers on the pulse of the company. They are great at multitasking and can talk comfortably with the everyday visitor right up to the CEO. FSC’s Office Professionals Training course can help you develop the skills and confidence you need to excel.
Why is this a HOT Job?
- Clerical jobs are expected to grow by 10% between now and 2024.
- These are good careers with the pay range starting between $14-18/hour.
- You can get ahead with learning opportunities and career advancement.
- You'll have the assurance of a stable schedule and benefits.
Can I do it?
Want to be the office go-to-person?
Like new challenges every day?
Like helping people?
Want a great career?
What You'll Learn in Class
- Office Procedures & Equipment
- Alphabetical & Numerical Filing
- Business Writing
- Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Office Career Paths
- Effective Phone Communication
- High school diploma or GED/HSED (or at least actively working toward it)
- Computer literacy assessments using the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment (https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/) with the following scores:
- Basic Computer - 30 correct out of 38 questions
- Internet Basics - 24 correct out of 34 questions
- Using Email - 20 correct out of 30 questions
If you have customers who do not meet these scores, refer them to the Basic Computer Skills MOOC for a guided introduction to computers.
- Type at least 15 words per minutes (WPM) using TypingTest.com. There are tutors on this site to help customers improve their speed if they can't meet the 15 WPM initially.
Print out and upload the results of these assessments in the registration form below.
- Resume (it doesn't have to be perfect, but we need a draft to work with)
- Microsoft Live Outlook account. Go to Microsoft Outlook Live and have the customer sign up for a free account. We will be using Outlook for much of the training, so it is essential to have this account set up before class.
The class will be a combination of live, streamed sessions and individual modules. Classroom time is 20 hours a week (5 hours a day for 4 days) with 8 hours of homework each week (2 hours per day). The total class hours, then, is 80 hours a week of instruction time and 32 hours of homework. Class goes from 9:00-2:30 every day; except for the first day, the first half hour is for practicing keyboarding.
Equipment and Supplies
- High-speed Internet connection and computer for approximately 5 hours per day. (They can share a computer for the live, streamed portions if they are in one room.)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and a Chrome browser for the class
- Microphone and headset
- Learner Workbook
- Pocket folder or binder
- Magazines to cut up
- Paste or gluesticks
- Business card templates
Studying at Home
Download and Print: