Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries in Wisconsin today and it offers many different careers.
Our Healthcare Professionals class gets you started with key skills and knowledge that get you ready for specialized training. With a focus on preparing for a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) course, the class has lessons on study skills, medical terminology, human anatomy, and other key skills to ensure that you will succeed inside and outside of the classroom. It also includes career exploration so you can create a map for your healthcare career path.
What is a CNA?
CNAs (or Certified Nursing Assistants) are the first line of healthcare professionals. They are often the first person a patient sees in the morning and the last person they see at night. Under direction of nurses, CNAs feed, bathe, dress, and move patients, as well as ensure rooms are clean and orderly.
Healthcare Professionals gives you a head start so you’re ready to excel in the CNA training course.
If you want to learn more about what a CNA does, check out these sites:
About this Career
What makes this a HOT Job?
- CNA jobs are expected to grow by 18% by 2024
- No 2 days are the same for a CNA!
- Healthcare has a solid career ladder
- You make a difference in the lives of others
Can I do it?
- Are you compassionate and caring?
- Are you a great problem solver?
- Do you pay attention to details?
- Are you a skilled communicator?
What jobs could I get?
Healthcare Professionals can also prepare you for short-term training for these careers (click on the job title to learn more about it):
Click here to see how a career in healthcare can take you to the next level.
About the Course
What will I learn?
- Effective study strategies
- Test-taking strategies
- Key medical terms
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Essential numeric operations
- Cultural awareness
Where is CNA training?
Click the logos below to learn more about CNA training courses available at a Wisconsin technical college near you:
Aren't sure which college is in your area? Click here to see an interactive map.
Click here to see a list of additional approved CNA training providers in our service areas, some that may offered paid training.
To Enroll in CNA Training:
While you do not need the items below to enroll in Healthcare Professionals, you will need them for a CNA training and they can take weeks to process. We recommend starting the process before enrolling in Healthcare Professionals, so you can go right into your CNA training course.
- Submit a background check form. Trainers use different systems for this check, so click on the program to find out what forms or processes are needed for this.
- There are some criminal convictions that may require a "rehabilitation review approval" before being accepted on the sate registry. Click here to see the list of offenses. This does not mean an automatic rejection, so talk with someone if you have one of these convictions on your record.
- Provide your Medical History showing your vaccinations and tests for certain diseases.
Check the training program you will attend for specific medical information and vaccinations required as they can depend on the trainer and time of the year.
Click here for more information on the Wisconsin state registry.