Take Pride in Your Work
The TrANS construction training program has opened the door to quality careers for hundreds of people. Its focus is on helping women and members of minority communities get the skills for entry level construction jobs, although anyone can apply. In short, we provide the support and training you need to begin and sustain your career.
We offer classes in four Wisconsin counties, including Brown, Dane, Rock, Dane, and Winnebago. If you live in a nearby area and have reliable transportation, we encourage you to apply. Check out our training calendar to see when the next class begins.
About this Career
What makes this a HOT Job?
- Great starting wages: the average wage for our grads is $25/hour.
- You'll be a valuable member of a team.
- There are lots of careers to choose from.
- You get trained to advance on the job.
- There's nothing like the feeling you get from building something great.
Can I do it?
- Like working with your hands?
- Have a passion for construction?
- Can you tackle the elements?
- Want a great career?
About the Course
You will learn:
- OSHA 10 Construction Safety
- Flagging Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Construction Math and Measuring
- Physical Conditioning
- CDL Preparation
- Plan and Blueprint Reading
- Tool Identification
- Construction Terminology
- Apprenticeship Test Preparation
You will need:
- High school diploma or GED/HSED suggested, but not required
- A valid driver's license
- Able to pass a drug test